Consider a holistic treatment for your allergies
Nearly 70% of the bodyâ€™s immune system originates in the gut. Since allergies are an exaggerated immune response to a non-harmful particle, treatment should be focused on re-balancing the immune system at this level. Identifying factors that may be altering proper immune responses includes assessing diet, lifestyle, nutrient status, family history and toxic load.
- Identify and remove potential food sensitivities
- Identify and remove potential environmental triggers
- Support healthy gut function through the use of probiotics & fish oil
- Avoid mucous producing foods (dairy, sugar, citrus fruits, bananas & soy)
- Ensure adequate sleep, reduce perceived stress & address any nutrient deficiencies
- Consume a diet high in fruits and vegetables, especially tomatoes
- Natural antihistamine options: Vitamin C, Grape seed extract, Quercetin, Nettle
Come in and speak to our Naturopathic Doctor today to see if a holistic approach is right for you!