Diet: Avoid mucous producing foods including soy, dairy, bananas and citrus fruits. Avoid sugar!
Fever Baths: If temperature is around 37.2°C, the treatment goal is to encourage the fever so that the bacteria or virus can be killed off.
- Take a warm bath and drink ginger tea
- Go straight to bed with lots of blankets
Wet socks treatment: Great on the onset of any virus, fever, head congestion.
- Run a pair of socks under cold water and wring them out. Place wet socks on feet and immediately cover the wet socks with dry wool socks. The body will warm the socks up and dry them in a few hours.
Steam Inhalation: Great for head colds, congestion and sinus infections
- Add a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil to a room vaporizer or bathwater. For more effective results add a few drops to a bowl of hot water and cover head over bowel with a towel. Breathe in the aromatic vapor to relieve congestion.
Flu shot tea Tea for Dry Cough
- 6 cups of water
- 10-15 star of anise
- 10-15 cloves
- 1 inch ginger root
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Add honey/grape juice for taste
- 4 parts marshmallow
- 2 parts slippery elm
- 1 part licorice
- Simmer 20 mins, add 3 tbsp honey/L
- Strain and drink as needed
Wet Cough: Massage 1 tbsp of olive oil with 2 drops of eucalyptus oil on chest to help break up congestion in lungs and relieve chest pain from cough.
For more information or to book a consultation with Dr. Arjomand please speak with the receptionist, or call 416-361-6000. Alternatively, you can book an appointment online!