Queenie is a pelvic health/orthopaedic physiotherapist and social media influencer (follow @QueeniePhysio on any social media platform). She received her Master of Science in Physical Therapy from the University of Toronto after completing her undergraduate studies with honours and high distinction at the University of Toronto (in psychology and human biology). Queenie serves as a mentor, laboratory facilitator, clinical instructor and holds a Status-Only Appointment (Lecturer ranking) with the Department of Physical Therapy at the University of Toronto.
With personal experience in yoga, mindfulness meditation and certification in clinical hypnosis, Queenie provides a holistic approach combining the best in evidence for mind and body wellness to create personalized treatment plans that target the root causes to symptoms for each of her clients. She values taking time to educate and empower her clients to help them understand their condition, prevent future injury and learn to move and live more mindfully. Ultimately, Queenie hopes to share her joy and excitement in life with others and help clients get back to doing what is meaningful to them. She is currently accepting new and existing clients for virtual care.
Here are some of Queenie’s virtual physiotherapy services:
- Education (i.e. pain management, lifestyle, sleep, diet)
- Simple & Effective Home Self-Treatments (i.e. self-acupressure, self-massage techniques with and without equipment, etc.)
- Pelvic Health Physiotherapy (i.e. pregnancy health, pelvic pain, pain with sex, bowel or bladder pain & incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse)
Persistent (Chronic) Pain Management
- Guided Active Rehabilitation & Home Exercise Programs (i.e. personalized strengthening exercises, stretches, modified yoga &/or qi gong routines)
- Stress Management Techniques (i.e. guided meditations/visualizations, hypnosis, self-care & mindfulness strategies)
- “Prehab” or Preventative Health Conditioning Programs (i.e. personalized mobility, strengthening &/or flexibility programs designed to help you prevent injuries and balance & optimize your body)
- Home Office Ergonomic Assessment & Recommendations
- Product, Equipment and Bracing Recommendations